Sunday, February 06, 2005

SMS.ac is a scam: "Wow, I'm sorry I didn't mention this before online!


I got billed for $25 on my carrier bill from this service a while ago after signing up then getting all this SMS spam constantly for days. I finally went in and shut all the stuff off within a week or so, but at the end of the month it turns out that all those messages were Premium SMS messages! Bastards. Honestly, though, I figured I had missed something during the signup and didn't think to write about the con.


Now within a couple days, I got asked about the service in person and I see Joi is having trouble with them as well. SMS.ac is now extending their scam to instant messaging - sending out invites on your behalf, and making it hard to cancel the service. Seems pretty much in line with what I saw. They may even be charging the people who get text messages premium rates as well. Check your bill at the end of the month.


Yeah, definitely, 100% stay away from this company. SMS.ac is a complete con. Total scam.


-Russ"



(Via Russell Beattie Notebook.)

SMS.ac is a scam

2 Comments:

Blogger Living in Thailand said...

Nice site maybe we can do something!Free SMS and Free Fax

5:20 PM  
Blogger Living in Thailand said...

Hi Nice blog please take look at my website as well *My free sms website**

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home